Dr. Jones is a board certified general surgeon with a special interest in the management of venous disease. He completed medical school at the University of Minnesota Medical School, where he graduated with honors. He then went to Oregon Health and Science University for his general surgery training and did additional training in Laparoscopic surgery.
While at OHSU, he won multiple awards for his research on esophageal disease. He completed his six year training program from OHSU in 2004.
Additionally, Dr. Jones is a diplomat of The American Board of Phlebology and also serves on the International Affairs Committee for the American College of Phlebology.
Dr. Jones is the CEO of a medical device company that he started with Dr. Boyle called Inovia Bioscience. Through this company, they hope to improve the care of their vein patients and patients around the world by producing new technologies.
- American Board of Surgery (2006)
- American Board of Phlebology (2010)
- American College of Phlebology
- American College of Surgeons
- Oregon Medical Association
- American Venous Forum
Medical and Surgical Training
- Medical Education: University of Minnesota Medical School , 1994-1998
- Research in Esophageal Cancer, Oregon Health and Sciences University, 2001-2002
- General Surgery Residency: Oregon Health and Science University 1998-2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honors Society, University of Minnesota, 1998
- General Surgeon, St. Charles Medical Center-Bend, Oregon
- Physicians Advisory Counsel, St. Charles Medical Center-Bend, Oregon
- Physician Leader Academy , St. Charles Medical Center-Bend, Oregon
- Bend Surgery Center , Bend , Oregon
- Membership Accreditation Committee, Bend Surgery Center , Bend , Oregon
- State of Oregon
Awards and Honors
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honors Society, University of Minnesota , 1998
- Society of Surgeons of the Alimentary Tract Resident Research Award, 2002
- Poster of Distinction, Digestive Disease Week, 2002
- Legacy Emanuel Resident Research Award, 2004
- Walter P. de Groot, MD Clinical Phlebology Fellowship Award for 2008, American College of Phebology foundation